Monday, October 22, 2007

For Boston, For Boston!!!

(The title is the first line of the Boston College Song. Click here to hear the melodious refrain http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/bc/multimedia/bc-for-boston.mp3)

I'm beyond ecstatic over my Red Sox winning the Pennant AND GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES as well as BC RANKED #2 in both BCS and AP polls (they didn't play this week and moved up a notch - LOVE THAT!).

Being a baseball and football fan, though I remain eagerly yet cautiously optimistic as both teams have a reputation for heartbreak - and curses. Of course, the Bo Sox broke The Curse when they spanked the Yankees in the World Series a few years ago (still happy about that). I am wondering if Ohio hasn't broken the apparent curse this season for impending doom-like upsets for #1 and #2 ranked teams. Here's hoping!!!

All of a sudden I'm less concerned about the weird kicking strategy Auburn employed Saturday evening and the totally incredible LSU coaching decision what with the Boston sports situation. Now, I'm really considering going to the BC-Clemson game in a few weeks - being the most geographically convenient, but my schedule is a disaster. What do you think, Poodle?

More later.

4 comments:

PBCrook said...

Having married into a Clemson family, I have since become a Clemson fan (second only to Alabama--which will no doubt cause major trauma for my offspring when Alabama and Clemson play to open the season next year--my worst football fears realized). Having said that, Go Tigers! My father-in-law, who was the Head Cheerleader at Clemson when he was in school there in th '50s is a die-hard Red Sox fan. Does that help? Heh

Allen Hammack said...

Go, Marjorie! Have fun (and a drink or two...)! My sincere wishes for Ohio State to blow it and allow BC to be on top for the first time in...a long time?... *G*

Anonymous said...

I don't think I will ever hear the end of the "squib" kick comments from Michael. He's still so mad at T'ville, I had to take up rooting a little bit for his team while we were at the Ole Miss game (perhaps the most boring football game I've ever attended). And I say this as staunch Crimson Tide fan!

Marjorie The Main Dish said...

CLEARLY you didn't attend any AL games last season. I could hardly draw breath they were so painful to watch. But those stupid kicks ... what was up with THAT??? Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, but I really didn't read anything from the sportswriters about it afterwards. Good golly - another painful football episode.