Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tidying Up around the Blog

Greetings Blog Divas and Dudes! Thank you for the amazing responses you have shared with this Dish to date about the site. I am honored and thrilled. And I've had only one typo. I couldn't be more pleased!

One teensy-tinsy request: Would you kindly consider, even anonymously, posting your comments on the blog spot as opposed to emailing moi? I have a Diva-esque plan in mind and being able to show numbers is of great assistance in accomplishing my plan. You know, I was trapped in my boudoir for months earlier this spring and that gives a girl plenty of time to hatch her Diva Doins. Posting to this blog site by clicking by the little envelope at the end of each posting will get you to the screen to type away to your little heart's content. The posting will show that people actually read this thing and according to one beloved Diva Dottie, she requested another posting because "I need my fix!" Oh! I just swooned again. Also, please suggest topics. I am reviewing emails I saved that were sent when I was on the Dixon-Willoughby show in December and I'm preparing responses to some great and unusual questions that were sent in the last days that show was on the air here. Anyway, thanks for your posting consideration, Pumpkin! Love you!

Correction: This Saturday, the Kid One Transport Handsome Heroes Firefighters' Fashion Show and subsequent calendar signing event starts at 1:00 (not noon - as posted below) at Watermark Place. THIS JUST IN: It has been verified after my beloved Greek Diva inquired personally -- THE FIREFIGHTERS WILL TAKE OFF THEIR SHIRTS and will also APPEAR IN UNIFORM (or states thereof). Poodle, this is a NOT TO MISS EVENT!!!!! And, they'll have a fire truck on site, thank you, Anonymous Diva. I simply cannot imagine how you could be disappointed if you came to this spectacular event.

Driving Update: I was pulled over in my Toyota, NOT my Mercedes in July. NOT for speeding (which I find completely astounding!), but for "passing on the right". Um ... yeah, I thought that, too! When I asked the officer, who is obviously blind (not only to violations, but also to charm), what that meant, he accused me of traveling on the shoulder prior to a right hand turn lane and told me how dangerous that was due to oncoming traffic. Huh? So I prepared for court in the usual way: getting acrylic nails, having my hair cut and colored (it was a disaster - the stylist cried (I was REALLY NICE about it and was not the reason she cried! 'Cause I knew she wasn't going to let me walk out of there looking like Morticia!) and had to bleach out her mistake -spending a sum total FOUR HOURS in the beauty salon just for the hair), and hiring an attorney. The attorney told me I had to fight this obnoxious intrusion because my insurance company would certainly assume that nobody gets stopped for passing on the right; therefore it would be likely further assumed that I had plead down from a reckless driving charge. Ugh! To add insult to ... well, insult, the particular city that accused me of this driving endangerment accidentally sent me a letter stating that they were issuing a warrant for my arrest and were suspending my license. After the orbit, where I most certainly passed something on the right, I decided that I would at least look fabulous in an orange jumpsuit and would enter the Ms. Inmate competition with plans to sweep it. So, you see, I snapped out of it. Anywho, I did go to the court and my fabulous attorney made a deal with the prosecutor for me to pay a reduced court fee, not do community service (because I've done a TON of work for that city's library for over a year at a MUCH reduced fee), and go to 4 hours of driving school (report to follow, I'm certain). Whew! The Main Squeeze was right: I wound up paying more to get out of the ticket than I did for the ticket, but whatever!

Ooh! Carpool line time! Toodles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a hoot!

Didn't the police officer even notice the person you passed was in your way? He must have been blind!!

I'm getting conflicting reports on the fashion show, do you know if it's Saturday or Sunday? It would be a shame to miss it. Kid One Transport is such a worthy cause and those men...well, need I say more?

Marjorie The Main Dish said...

Thanks, Poodle! I think the officer was blind, obviously. His handwriting on the ticket was atrocious!

The Kid One shin-dig at Watermark Place is indeed Saturday at 1:00. Bring a hankey or a bib, 'cause it sounds like you may need it to wipe the drool - NOT that there's anything wrong with that (can I borrow it maybe?) It would be a total shame to miss it. It will be one of those Diva Delight opportunities, you know!

Thanks for posting!!!!!!! Kisses!