Monday, September 10, 2007

Hose me down!!!!

This and other such phrases that would make my mother cringe will be spilling out of my mouth at whirlwind speed this weekend. I'm scheduled to emcee the Handsome Heroes Fireman Fashion Show at noon on Saturday at Watermark Place.

Shut up. Don’t say it. I know: How did I ever score this amazing gig?!?!?!

FIREMEN plus a Sound System!! FOR ME!!!!! Squeal!!!!!!!! A diva's fantasy finally has come true.

I can’t stop with the “hose me down” / “this girl’s on fire” / "who's gonna' pry me out of this inferno" type comments that spring to mind after being asked to do this! I doubt I’ll snap out of it, so brace yourself.

I haven't had this much fun since 2 fire houses emptied into my boudoir last October (while I am a minx, the 2 houses arrived in various large, red fire vehicles in minutes because my 5 year old was having a fever-related seizure and apparently there wasn't a whole lot of other hot stuff to attend to that evening, but why ruin a good story with the truth?!)

Anyway, Saturday will be the premiere of the 2008 calendar featuring totally hunky and I hear completely off-limits Alabama firefighters. The proceeds from calendar sales benefit Kid One Transport (www.kidone.org), one of my fave organizations. The firemen, after a hard day's work of modeling fabulous fashions, will be on hand to autograph your calendar. You simply can't miss this, Poodle! And, as inappropriately as possible, I've asked if they're planning to have a fire engine on scene - you know, for my kids to enjoy. (Pumpkin, this is a G-rated blog!!!!!) Off to figure out what to wear ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fire Truck is CONFIRMED!!!!