Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Murmur, Murmur

Sources very close to me reveal that there will be another Beth Holloway Twitty (a.k.a Natalee's mom) John Ramsey (a.k.a. Jon Benet Ramsey's dad) sighting this weekend at a gala in Birmingham. They have been seen together at Art on the Rocks (a popular soiree at the Birmingham Museum of Art) and around The Tiny Kingdom in multiple locations in close proximity to each other's personal space. (Catch up, Sunshine! Fox news, The Denver Post and other sources have been reporting this since June.)

An arrow from Tabloid Cupid's quiver? Unlikely. Try this: they are both Southerners who lived through a Southern Gothic type situation who handled themselves with grace, were articulate (unlike my Personal Temporary Obsession #3, Miss South Carolina, also, a Southerner, I believe - let me go check my The Map such as), and anyone whose heart isn't made of steel cried about both of their daughters.

You know, finding someone decent to date is hard enough, but I can only imagine the "well, you just don't understand" kind of moment that's inevitable when the dreaded, awkward moment when the "unusual circumstances around the deceased's/s' situation" comes up OR when reporters continually call the house. Not many available guys I've met in the Dating Realm are remotely capable of "going there".

Perhaps someone will be attending this posh gala and can report back? Surprised it won't be me? Sorry to disappoint, Poodle. I've already made a commitment to go to the Belk Invitational Preview Party at the same time (Semiformal attire). It's the first time as a JLB member I've been invited to a party that I didn't have to drop a load of wonga in order to attend. The interesting social butterfly question that hits me is what does one wear to a semiformal party hosted by a department store? I'm intrigued.

No comments: