Friday, February 29, 2008

Diva Sightings

Sorry, kids, for my lapse. I've been the following places recently:
  • Nashville, lost in the Opryland Hotel. I hate that place. I swear, I couldn't find the front door and walked around for 30+ minutes. How embarrassing!
  • the t-ball and machine pitch baseball fields (NOW you understand - yep, I'm co-Team Mom for both kids' teams, ugh!)
  • Rehearsing Mozart
  • Singing jazz
  • Installing garage organizational systems
  • Echola, Alabama (West Tuscaloosa County, i.e. "The Sticks"/BFE/ The Ends of the Earth - but I loved it. VERY pretty!!! I traded recently canned tomato chutney I made with Pear Preserves with the Main Squeeze's adorable mother. I won. I got the better end of the swap!!! Now if Dash would stop eating my pear preserves every morning with his English Muffin, I might get a shot at having some before he cleans me out.
  • Doing laundry (see above ref. baseball - those pants are a killer to get the wet, red clay out of)

I'll get back on the blog-writing stick soon. As a side note to Diva WineKnow and others - I post responses under the topic, even a week or two afterwards. So, if you're looking for the hair update, check the comments under the topic. Sorry, I'm anal - must file.

XOXO

The Main Dish

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so this isn't my usual party atmosphere posting question, but please do something on how you get the red dirt out of those baseball pants. For some reason, I just know you have a secret.

Marjorie The Main Dish said...

OMG. Yes, I do! I'll post about it soon. Thanks, Tipsy!

Allen Hammack said...

You were in Ebola, Alabama?!?... Isn't that dangerous?!...

Marjorie The Main Dish said...

Yes, Echola kinda' rhymes with E. Bola. Unfortunate, but it does make it easy to remember how to pronounce. Seemed pretty safe and serene to me, though. Saw a couple of bulls that I wouldn't want to piss off and have to run from in my high-heels.