Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Color Report - Spring 2008

Poodle, about this time of the season, aren't you pretty much SICK of all your clothes? I walk in my custom boudoir and just about scream. Well, that's for several reasons - I'm in the midst of a Goodwill cleanse and the ever-present laundry is always an issue at the Diva Digs. But it doesn't help that I'm over my winter clothes at this point. Sound like the call of the shopping Sirens? In case you're in the same boat and want to know what's The Thing to add to your wardrobe repetoire, I'm at your service.

The big clothing color this spring is YELLOW. I heard that and my brain went straight to Psycho music and a visual of bumble-bee clothes complete with antennae as accessory. Brighten up! I remembered that yellow is a cheery color - it makes people happy. OK, now were' cookin'; this can be fun. Black and white with a splash of yellow in an outfit will be the Bee's Knees! Look for a great purse in yellow and you'll be all the rage (not in the man purse department, though, puh-leez). A couple of cute suggestions ranging drastically in price:

Manolo Blahnik stappy sandles. Aren't they adorable? Pair with a sundress or white pantsuit and you're a hot, hot diva. Sex in the City's Carrie would rip them right off of you, too, so watch out! They're not inexpensive at all, so be forewarned, my little fashion bee!

This great Alfani graphic jacket really pops with a yellow shirt underneath, n'est pas?! You can pick up the gem at Macy's. Here's the link should you need instant access to it http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=293989&CategoryID=35196&LinkType=EverGreen

Now, if the above two numbers either don't do it for you or aren't remotely in your price range, you can always opt for a great jean jacket. I love them in colors 'cause you can wear them with jeans without it looking like you're not sure if it's a suit idea or not. Try this one also at Macy's priced at $49:

While I'm not remotely interested in the shirt they show under the jacket, you can still see the potential. One note about yellow next to the face: make certain the yellow is the right one for your skin tones and won't make your sweet face look sallow or jaundiced. That'd be a total shame, glamour puss! But there are those who say if you wear enough make up, then you can wear any color. Morsel? You decide.
Fending off the Call of the Mall .... XOXO!

4 comments:

Wine Know said...

What? No Hair update? Jeeze I have been checking everyday for a pic or update. Come on Woman!

Marjorie The Main Dish said...

Yesterday, I posted the text update under the topic. Last comment. But hey: Thanks for your morbid curiosity ;)

There has only been one photo take of me since this episode and it's on Diva Hayley's phone - snapped on the way back home from the conference (in the vehicle). It won't help. I pulled up the hoodie before she snapped the picture, so all you get is a dazzling smile, large, blingy sunglasses, and a hoodie.

As for what it turned out like... All's I can explain is - still kinda red, but it's peeking through dark brown ... lots of dark brown. At least it looks quasi-human. The Bozo the Clown throw-back color is gone, and for that, I'm sobbingly grateful. I'm not exactly pleased with the cut, but I'm in no mood to go trudging back to any salon for another "I'm an unhappy client" discussion. I'm just going for pseudo-satisfied and letting the dust settle, you know, give myself space from the evil chair.

Wine Know said...

Oh girl I am so sorry. Hope it gets better. I was red...ONCE. That is all I could bare. Have to stay blonde highlighted or I am unhappy. You know what they say...Mamma ain't happy, blah blah blah.
Hope to see you soon.

Marjorie The Main Dish said...

If I don't get a good cut and highlights soon, I may wilt. It's really effecting me. Crazy, no?!