Friday, May 2, 2008

Microphone, Please

I am most pleased to announce that I will be appearing as a guest on WAPI 1070's The Rox Report starting Monday, May 5th from 8:30-9:00. Lisa Roxanne Holifield, the host whom I have already named Radio Diva, has asked me to provide regular material on "all things celebrity".

Thank you for all your input to my question about who your fave celeb is. I realize there are only a couple postings here, but I received numerous emails, a couple of phone calls, and was even stopped in the grocery store by people telling me who they liked to follow and why.

I am really glad I asked the question. I was very surprised and enlightened by the answers. For example, my high school friend who is now a dentist told me that he wanted to know about what stars are giving back to their communities and has an interest in who is on stage. I would have never thought about that angle. Another diva wants to know about what celebrities are putting in their homes - gadgets and stuff. Hilariously enough, the person in Publix stopped me to tell me that she wanted to know what restaurants celebs liked and what foods are "in". Have no idea, but maybe I'll research it at some point. 'Cause now that I think about it, that would be fun to know.

I hope that my reports on "all things celebrity' will provide more content than what you find in the funny papers ... and I hope to work in some tips that will be entertaining, interesting, or that maybe you can actually use. Keep the celebrity opinions coming.

I hope you will tune in 1070 AM at 8:30 Monday. If you are out of the listening area, grab a computer, you can listen online at http://www.wapi1070.com/. If you haven't heard The Rox Report before, you will find Roxanne a delightful call-in-talk-show host with exquisite manners and a really big brain.

5 comments:

Wine Know said...

To cool! I am a Celeb lover of sorts. Gotta get the dirt in my weekly trash rags. Terrible habit but eh it's the little things that make me happy. I am a big fan of the Jolie-Pitt Clan. I also love to know about upcoming movies my favorite hottie mens are going to be involved with...Christian Bale, Clive Owen, Joaquin Phoenix & my true love, Daniel Craig. Do I have great taste in men as well as wine or what???
Congrats Diva!

Anonymous said...

I love to follow "certain" celebrities, but to be perfectly honest, I really have no actual respect for most of them. I'm sure some of them are nicer than others, but they all have PR people to make them look a certain way, so I just follow the ones I feel are most talented. I'm never really interested in their opinions unless they are actors I personally find "sexually appealing" and then, once they say something I find stupid, I don't follow them as much. Actors who keep their private lives more private are smart. That way their fans can project their thoughts and wishes on them. Case in point is what a debacle Tom Cruise has made of his career. I know he's trying a big push to get it back on track (Oprah, etc.), but it will be a challenge. He's let the public see the "crazy" and there may be no going back at this point. It's hard for him to disappear into roles now.

That being said, for actresses I love Julianne Moore, Rachel Wseiz, Angela Basset, Emily Mortimer, Cate Blanchett, Helen Mirren, Embeth Davidtz, Kelly McDonald, Nicole Kidman, Ashley Judd (where is her career?), Audrey Tatou, and Julie Christie.

For actors I love, love, love James McAvoy (my new Ralph Fiennes), Ralph Fiennes, Christopher Plummer, Michael Caine (he's just awesome), Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, Benoit Magimel, David Straithern, Alessandro Nivola, Bill Murray, and Tom Selleck (like John Wayne, he's always playing himself, and that's comforting).

Okay, I'll stop now. Mostly I just want to do James McAvoy, to be perfectly honest right now. He's so appealing and I think it has to do more with his talent and the way he moves than his actual looks (though he's cute). I adore him, for right now, until he says something stupid. But for the time being, he practically makes me forget I'm a properly married lady:)

And I'm a fan of Old Hollywood, but that's another topic.

Allen Hammack said...

Great show, Marjorie!! Anyone who missed it should be spanked!...

Anonymous said...

Main Dish, you were faboo on The Rox Report! You and Rox are really funny- you two had me cracking up, girl! More, more! When are you doing more? We want more!

Anonymous said...

Kudos and congrats on the morning show spot with Roxanne! I may actually have to turn on the radio instead of listening to CD’s ;-)