Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Space Between

What is a diva to do between the Christmas Holiday and New Year's? My suggestions, random order:
  • Are you kidding? Shop. Man, they're just giving away stuff at department stores, except for what I REALLY want (designer purse, the particular pair of black Clarks clogs, etc.), but you will not leave disappointed. The Main Squeeze was treated to a shopping spree and got great stuff for half price - so double the present!!!
  • Visit friends, especially those in from out of town. Take wine, but of course. Swing by Diva Wine-Know's (Jennifer, do you like your Nom de Diva???) The Wine Cellar in Vestavia City Center near Publix. She and her staff are wonderful!!! While you're there, contemplate your mental plans for a wine cellar at your diva digs. A girl can dream.
  • Plan your Spring Break vacation if you haven't done so already
  • Make plans to send your kids to summer camp. Need ideas? http://www.alabamacamps.org/ Trained staffs will entertain junior for up to an entire month. Now, THAT's relaxing!
  • Travel. I'm heading to the beach with the extended family. My dad's feeling so well and all my sisters and brother will be there with everyone - thanks to all who've asked, emailed, and sent inquiries about my dad after his quadruple bypass surgery. He's walking 3+ miles a day. Amazing.
  • Do laundry. I'm trying to work it in between shopping excursions while the kids are away. It's tough to schedule, you know.
  • Take a long soak. I actually did this last night with Epsom salt and scents. Wow! It was a treat.
  • Get a mani/pedi
  • Shop for a new car. The dealers want to get rid of inventory. Want a Benz? I recommend Comer Automotive. http://www.comerautomobile.com/ Check out their fantastic prices. You will not beleive how excellent and fair their service is. Tell Greg I sent you. They have BEE-U-TI-FUL cars. (Tell Jeff I'll be calling for service work soon.)
  • While you're at Comer shopping, have Quinton to detail the car you want to keep. He does a splendid job.

Well, that should keep you busy for a little while. I've got more content to work on to post soon. Toodles, Poodle! XOXO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well thank you for the mention! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas =)

Anonymous said...

Diva Wine-Know's!!! That is way to cute. I missed it earlier due to cloged head. Do you mind if I borrow that?

Marjorie The Main Dish said...

You totally can have that, Jennifer! I'm completely thrilled you like it!!!

I had to run get a shot for a clogged head, myself. Mmm, mmm! Nothing like an antibiotic-steriod cocktail in the rear end to get a girl down.

Christmas was amazing, thank you. I hope yours was, too. Now, go sell some wine. She's having a sale, y'all! RUN!!! Here's the deets:

The Wine Cellar
New Years hours:
Saturday the 29th 10am to 4pm
Monday the 31st 10am to 6pm
~Closed Tuesday~
Wednesday the 2nd regular hours 10am to 6pm

-----------------------------------
We have in some fantastic & affordable bottles of Champagne & Sparkling wines for New Years! Take advantage of our 50% Christmas Sale. Any gift item with a Santa, Snowman, Christmas Tree or I just plain don't want it anymore will be marked down 50%OFF! Please come & help me have less to count for INVENTORY!

970 Highway 31 · Vestavia Hills · Alabama · 35216
We are located 2 ½ miles north of I-65 on Highway 31 in the Vestavia Hills City Center (Publix Shopping Center)

www.thewinecellar.info

Seriously, Poodle! You know you're thirsty and you just can't miss this one!! XOXO