Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hope to save you some dough

While you're watching those fantastic football line-ups, I know you're going to start packing away all the Christmas decorations. Before you run out to get those pricey, yet seemingly essential Ornament Organizers, please check this idea out. I don't know exactly were I read about it many years ago, but it really works. I've been using this packing method about 4 years and I haven't lost/cracked/damaged an ornament by storing it this way so far. Here's what you do:
Get a cheap, plastic bin and fill it with plastic Dixie party cups (read: beer cup, not the kind you use to rinse your mouth when brushing!). Put paper towel in the bottom of the cup and wrap the ornament's sides with another one. Here's the visual (I just snapped it like 5 minutes ago!). Make sure all ornaments fit inside the cup area and allow for head-room when you snap on the cover. Notice that some of the ornaments are inserted "head down" for best packing stability. I put unbreakable ornaments in between the cups to stabilize them. For this photo, I took out several of the side paper towel "packaging" for you to best see the effect.

Hope it works for you as well as it works for me, Cupcake! Now, I've got one tree packed away; only one more to go.... Another day. Whew! Hard work!

Happy New Year, Divas and Dudes!!! May 2008 be the most delightful year yet!!! XOXO

No comments: