Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gift Tips for Kiddos 2010

BRRRRR. Thanksgiving's over and I've returned with some hot, new ideas for Christmas, Poodles! (Miss you bunches!)

Let's get right down to business = shopping! Everybody's doing it this week, so I have whipped up a list I hope you will find most deliciously helpful with those hard-to-shop for kiddos that will make you look like you are the hippest, hottest, and most spot-on diva (but that's a given, right?). Random order:

- Anything Toy Story 3. The toys from this are all over the place and aren't terribly pricey. Look for Mr. Potato Head to the Ken and Barbie dolls.

- Similarly, with the tres recent release of Harry Potter, anything in that genre is timely and cool.

- Creepily enough (perhaps because of my allergies I think they're creepy), the Zhu Zhu pet hamster continues to be a must-have item. Being the smart critters they are, there are accessories, styles, and colors to choose from (Ah-Ha! Now the Diva sees the allure). With several hamsters in the line, you can add to a small loved one's collection.

- Pillow Pets make sensational gifts. I even heard teenage girls want them. You may have seen them advertised as "a pillow and (visual of a snapping strap here) a stuffed animal pet". Well, I got my preschool nephew the Dog and must say it is so soft and totally adorable (ladybug, dolphin, bumble bee, unicorn = some of the myriad of options). You can find them for about $25-30 on line and I saw some in Wal-Mart the other day. But hurry; the more popular pets are expected to sell out.

- Pre-teens will love a CD featuring Disney or Nickelodeon recording stars. Similar to the Glee sensation, some of the shows aimed at kids this age feature talented singers. Move over, Hannah Montana, replacements are on their way.

- Older kids, especially ones whose parents are like me and won't let them have a phone for FOREVER or until Jr. High, will love getting a digital camera.

- Electronic games such as Wii, XBox, or PlayStation are always hits that if you're lucky, the whole family can enjoy together (or separately - not sure how you'd enjoy it more - I personally have more of a shot at winning when I'm not holding a glass of wine and/ or playing with my kids, but that's just me).

So, Peaches, I hope this gets you pointed in a better direction for finishing (or starting) your shopping extravaganza. Holla!

No comments: