Saturday, May 8, 2010

Gargantuan Gastronomical Graduation Gift Idea

I am fortunate to have young friends who are in high school (no, not just babysitters - BUT the HS babysitters I have across the street are AWESOME). Sadly, they have a habit of graduating ... as do nieces and nephews (well, the Main Squeeze's are having a long run at graduating in droves lately; my nieces and nephews are elementary school age, of course).

It's time to start graduation gift shopping again now that Mother's Day has rolled around. I really can't bring myself to purchase another set of earrings for a niece (Mary, hope you weren't counting on another pair), so I fired up the ole brain and devised a Diva-ine gift solution that I am compelled to share.

Outside the bars -- because, let's face it, HS graduates are 18 and aren't frequenting bars (ahem!) -- I seem to recall spending time studying in groups and eating when I was in college. So, the idea smacked me upside the well-coiffed head to give gift cards to graduates of near-by restaurants ... or if all else fails, the nearest pizza chain to campus.

Who's gonna' complain about that gift come November when dear old dad's credit card has been mysteriously cancelled???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you are looking for a unique Graduation Gift try www.gratefulchics.com. This Houston based company founded by two "Mompretreneurs" feature gifts that are centered around Gratitude. It's a great way to help new graduates focus on the good in their life during this time of exciting transition. Grateful Chics have lots of inspirational gift items for him or her and even a NEW Graduation Gift pack set for only $18 each.