Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Postcard From the Kitchen

In living up to my moniker, Birmingham's Domestic Diva, I have been in the kitchen for about 3 weeks now cooking ... mostly sweets. Cooking for school meetings and family events. I'm almost done, but had to share something with you that I found in information from Publix.

Doncha' just hate it when the brown sugar gets stuck together and is about the consistency of a brick? To combat this problem, I have always just microwaved it for about 30 seconds a pop until it became workable again. Well, I found another approach ... which will work if you've got the time. Put the brown brick in a ziplock bag with a damp paper towel and leave it overnight.

Ok, my oven's beeping again. Gotta' run, Pumpkin. Later Gator!

2 comments:

Allen said...

Cooking for 3 weeks? Reminds me of that new Meryl Streep/Julia Child movie. It was enjoyable, funny (even for guys), and everyone left the theater hungry and talking about cookbooks. Bon appetit!

Marjorie The Main Dish said...

Pretty much, yep. Cooking for school and a family reunion. It's non-stop. Haven't even had time to see that movie!